Running is different for everyone. Whatever your goals are, South Melbourne Athletic Club (SMAC) can help get you there. With some great coaches and experienced runners in the club, you can improve your technique as well as your times on the track, road and in cross country racing.
We pride ourselves on our fun, inclusive and supportive attitude to running. Our members include runners of young and old, from beginners all the way to world-class athletes and everything in between.
Registrations open from April 1st 2019.
If you’re looking for something social we’ve ‘SMAC Pack’ Run on Albert Park on Wednesdays from Clarke Shields Pavillion at 6pm. You can find out more about it on our Facebook page.
MEMBERSHIP & REGISTRATION:-
- Membership Offering will open online from 1st April 2019
- Members LOGIN via the Member Portal
- Members must first pay the AV Base Membership fee^ and the SMAC Annual Membership fee*.
- Once paid a BIB number will be allocated to the member and will be provided once a package (XCR or Track & Field or Max Pack) is selected and paid for.
- Members can pay as they go and may choose to pay their AV and SMAC Fees in April then:-
- Purchase XCR package either in the same or a later transaction and/or
- Purchase the Track & Field package before 1st October or-
- Purchase the combined XCR & T&F package for a discounted rate (MAX package)
- This year you will be required to nominate a date to volunteer at an event prior to the club approving your membership. (see below and FAQs for further details)
- Please remember that the package fees are to cover the 6 individual races, for example the XCR fee $145 is the equivalent of $24 entry fee per race with your SMAC annual membership covering relay fees for members who purchase the AV Base Membership Fee)
*includes membership of South Melbourne Districts Sports Club and XCR relay fees.
^Athletics Victoria Base Membership – Full competing member with access to insurance including personal accident insurance, membership offers and discounts, partner offers and enables you to earn points in all club competitions.
OPEN ATHLETE MEMBERSHIP $160
JUNIOR ATHLETES $130
Choose One of:
XCR Package $135/$110
AVSL Package $135/$110
Max Package $220/$170 (save $50)
+2% transaction fees
- Members can upgrade their membership at any time by paying the difference.
- Members can buy another package at any time and still receive the MAX Pack discount.
- Athletics Victoria also offers a “Recreational Runner” membership category with access to insurance including personal accident insurance, membership offers and discounts, partner offers and recreational running event entry fees. IMPORTANTLY, you are not eligible to earn points under this membership category. Please contact the club for further details.
- Volunteer Duties: prior to either the winter or summers seasons each member of the club will be required to nominate a date to carry out volunteer duties. Club championship points will be awarded for members carrying out these duties .Adult members of a family can stand in to fulfill your obligations
For a full list of AV Membership Fees, click here
AS A CLUB MEMBER, YOU ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:-
- 4 Team Relay races in Winter (XCR package)
- 12 Track and Field meets in Summer (Summer Track & Field Package)
- Expert coaching and guidance through our club network as well as access to SMAC coaches throughout the season.
- SMAC meeting tent at every race, with bag storage and BYO refreshments and drinks after every race.
- Social events throughout the year, including an end of year celebration for all members
- Approved Facebook Group membership for up to the minute Club communication, event information and photos from the team.
- Personal accident and insurance coverage through Athletics Victoria
- Exclusive discounts and training access to Lakeside Stadium
- Member offers and discounts
- AV Member Card
- Race Bib
- Member and Clubs portal access
- Online entry
- Discounted entry to various events and education courses
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
We keep a limited supply of race singlets and crop tops which can be purchased for $50 in addition to hoodies and jackets for $50 – $70.
Please contact via the SMAC Facebook page for details.
When paying for items, either enclose cash in a sealed envelope with your name clearly printed, or transfer electronically to South Melbourne AC / BSB 083-004 / Acc. 93-478 0397 labelling the payment with your name followed by ‘uniform’ (E.g. John Smith uniform).
We have also teamed up with 2XU to provide a range of apparel to get you through the winter and summer seasons for which there will be an opportunity to place orders a couple of times through the year.